Just about every season, there’s a new home trend that you see in every design magazine — and likely, all of your most stylish friends’ apartments. From mid-century modern furniture pieces to antlers hanging on the wall, these trendy items are so universally beloved, they instantly add some extra style to any room. Here are just a few of the up-and-coming home trends that you’re going to want to add to your own home.
1. Woven rattan. It was a trend decades ago, but rattan is back in a big way. From woven outdoor furniture to light fixtures made up of natural materials, these rattan decor items are perfect for adding an element of natural style to your home.
2. Mixed metals. Lately, designers have been mixing elements of brass, copper and silver in their designs, and the result couldn’t be more stylish or unexpected. Try mixing metals in lamps, photo frames, side tables and other decorative knick knacks.
3. Millennial pink. While the "millennial pink" color has been trending in clothing and accessories for a bit, it’s becoming more and more popular in the home decor world. Incorporate the color into your own home through throw pillows, rugs, or even upholstered furniture items.
4. Cacti. While the fiddle leaf fig was the trendy plant for the past couple years, larger-than-life cacti are the new designer favorite greenery options. Try adding a Southwestern vibe to your home by placing a tall cactus in an otherwise bare corner.
5. Jute rugs. Right on par with the natural element trend, jute rugs have an earthy look and a neutral color palette that’s perfect in any area and any style of home. Whether you’re looking to tie your living room furniture together, bring a calm and soothing vibe to the bedroom or even finish off your entryway with a rug that’s equal parts stylish and durable, jute is a material that you’re about to want in every room.