Summer has arrived! That means fresh, local food at the farmers’ market, warm walks in the park, and maybe even a picnic or two. It also means you should start thinking about freshening up the decor in your apartment. Here are a few simple decorating ideas to help you welcome summer into your downtown pet-friendly apartment.
- Fresh citrus fruits and herbs galore. Love the fresh produce that pops up locally every summer? You can actually incorporate it into your decor. For instance, a cute planter full of fresh basil or mint would make the perfect centerpiece for your dining room table. A bowl filled with lemons and limes would also make a colorful statement!
- Printed pillows. One of the easiest things to change up at home are your throw pillows. For summer, consider going with bright, bold patterns in the shades you associate with summer. Yellow chevron; orange checks; bright green gingham. You can also play around with nature prints—maybe lemons to match the bowl on your table!
- Nature-inspired materials. Take summer as an opportunity to bring different textures into your space. Maybe a jute rug, a few pieces of wicker furniture, or even just some new houseplants.
- A framed map. Dreaming of all the places you’ll be traveling to next summer? For now, satisfy your wanderlust with a physical representation of your travel plans. Frame a map of your favorite vacation destination and hang it in the living room or dining room as a reminder of the fun times to come!
- Nautical or beachy accents. In place of your shore vacation this year, spruce up your space with natural objects and nautical-themed decor like seashells, coral, or throw pillows in lobster or anchor motifs.